Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Wool Peddler's Shawl

This is my first real triangular shawl attempt. I tried a different pattern earlier, but I just didn't like it and frogged the whole thing.

The Wool Peddler's Shawl is from the book Folk Shawls by Cheryl Oberle. Folk Shawls is a wonderful book which gives the history behind each shawl pattern. The patterns are from all over the world.

I used Caron Simply Soft yarn on US# 10.5 needles to get the drape I wanted. Consequently I had to modify the lace edge a bit to achieve the correct size. This was a gift to my mother. She is a tiny lady, so I couldn't put all the rows of lace on the edge or it would have been too long for her.

3 comments:

Psych Out said...

What a gorgeous shawl!

Sherilyn said...

This beautiful! Love the color, too.

Sue said...

Stunning!