Friday, May 18, 2007

Fiesta Rayon Boucle Shawl

My Fiesta Rayon Boucle in the color Alaska has finally arrived! I have made a gauge swatch to decide what needle size I will need. I have settled on US#9 (5.5mm) which is a bit finer fabric than shown here with this swatch on a bigger needle.

The shawl will be a stole type wrap in plain stockinette with K3 borders. The yarn has a nice sheen, and I am looking forward to knitting with it--even more so to wearing it when I finish. I still trying to decide how to finish the ends of the stole.

I purchased the yarn from The Oconee Yarn Company, Greensboro, GA. Great yarn shop, and Deb is so nice to work with there. It is located near Reynolds Plantation, a nice resort in the area.
Take a look at the scenery here: http://reynoldsplantation.com/


3 comments:

Christy said...

Those colors are beautiful. I've never seen those!

Lucy said...

Very pretty colourway - good luck with the shawl!

Unknown said...

I love that color. The shawl is going to be gorgeous. Your Wool Peddler's shawl is impressive as well. Great jobs!