Saturday, May 12, 2007

Koigu Socks



Basic sockinette sock pattern with Koigu KPPPM yarn-2 skeins plus a little extra--US #1.5 Crystal Palace dpns

I purchased this yarn from Yarn Paradise in the Biltmore Village near Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. This is a wonderful yarn shop--well worth a visit if you are ever in the area. They had bunches of Koigu at the time.

This was my second attempt at socks (practice sock didn't count). I'd never used Koigu before and didn't know that I would need more yarn than I bought. As I approached the middle of the foot, I realized I would run out of blue yarn.

Fortunately I had also purchased the pink yarn. It saved the day by adding accent stripes to fill in enough space to allow me to finish the sock. I like them better this way. I used wool silk thread to reinforce the heels, since this yarn was 100% merino wool.

I have enjoyed these socks immensely.

4 comments:

Becka said...

Nice socks! Welcome to the Land of Blog!

Iris G said...

The color combination looks great! I agree with you, and now the stripes are design elements ;-).

Lucy said...

Great looking sock - welcome to blogging - Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

VERY Cool socks :) And congrats on finishing them!! Welcome to blog-land - great title, also, by the way :D